Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Ian Cole

Hi everyone!

I briefly joined this team a little over 5 years ago but unfortunately got swamped and had to back out. However I have much more free time for side projects and would love to try to help out again. I have been a long time Fedora user, and started using it in high school when it first became a distro and it has been my distro of choice ever since.

I have worked as a build engineer, a full stack Ruby/Rails engineer, and a data engineer managing data pipelines and the infrastructure around them. I have experience with some Java, Python, and Scala, but have the most experience in Ruby. Have worked with Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, and most recently used Ansible extensively when I was working as a data engineer for 2 years (I still use Ansible to configure my local dev environment because I love it so much). I would really like to help contribute in whatever way I can and really my Python and Ansible, but love learning whatever is relevant. Look forward to joining in on a meeting soon! My nickname on IRC is icole.

-Ian Cole