Re: GSoC 2017 org applications open ( sourcing interest and ideas)

On Mon, Feb 06, 2017 at 10:21:22AM +0100, Radka Janekova wrote:
>    I should also say on that topic, that I would much rather see a single
>    well formed *announcement* once we have everything ready, rather than
>    chaotic emails in random mailing lists.

I guess this will be my last email on this topic but I'm quite confused.
What would this announcement be about? That Fedora wishes to participate to
GSoC? That we're looking for projects and mentors ? (Wasn't that exactly what
the original email of this thread was about?)
If I read the timeline correctly the deadline for organization to apply is in 3
days, which means that in 3 days we will need to have a list of projects to
propose to Google for review so that they can check and see if they are
interested and willing to invest in them.

As a community, I do think each and every sub-project should be thinking on
whether they are interested in having GSoC student this year, so there should be
a lot of chaotic emails on all sort of random mailing lists, so that people can
then come back to you and bex who are apparently willing to organize GSoC this
year, with proposals and mentors for them.

With a deadline in 3 days, I do not know how you are planning on coming up with
a list of proposals without having asked the different part of the Fedora
community for proposals and ideas, but I guess I will see this when the
announcement comes in :)

Pierre