Re: Proposal: Infrastructure Apps documentation project

On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 15:56:27 -0500
Jeremy Cline <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 01/27/2017 07:19 AM, Clement Verna wrote:
> > I think I have mentioned this in an infra-meeting, but we could use
> > Pagure docs feature to host the infrastructure SOP. It would make
> > them a little bit more user friendly and easier to access.
>
> My thinking was the SOPs would be a section of this documentation.
> Since showing is much easier than telling, I spent 20 minutes and
> sketched out (a bit) what I imagine this would look like:
> https://docs.pagure.org/infra-docs/

Thats pretty awesome. The sops moved over better than I thought they
would. :)

> > Regarding the development side, I have rediscovered recently the
> > developer portal [0]  and it looks great, but I don't think it is
> > well known or used. For example there is some doc on how to start a
> > flask project [1]
> >
> > Maybe instead of rewriting an app from scratch we could use the
> > developer portal.
>
> I did not know about this at all, and it looks great! It seems like
> it's more general in a lot of areas than what I want, but I think we
> could using it as a starting off point or link directly to it in some
> cases.

I would very much like to not use the developer portal for our specific
docs. Improving parts of it like the flask area, etc of course would be
great.

It uses it's own framework that nothing else we have does (jekyll).
It's not built in our infrastructure. (It builds from a github project
and then that result is checked in and we pull that to serve it on our
machines, which is pretty convoluted).

kevin