FAS3 meetup recap 2016-Dec-06

Good Morning Everyone,

Today, Xavier, Paul and I had a quick meeting about FAS3 (on #fedora-apps if
some people on the channel want to read the backlog).

Here is the current plan:

- Update the FAS3 instance we have running in stg (which is deployed in parallel
  to FAS2)
- Announce when that update is done so people can start poking at it
- Rebase and merge the FAS3 branch in python-fedora

These should be done by the end of the year.

Early January:
- Make FAS3 the only FAS instance in stg
- Watch stg break
- Fix stg

Mid January:
- Push to prod
We realize this is a short stg period, so we will need to work on porting to
FAS3 asap. We also planned early in order to be able to postpone if needed, but
let's try not to :)

Why so early?
Doing it early February meant very little time to debug things in prod before
F26 alpha freeze (and we all know how easy it is to debug/update things during
freeze).
Pushing it after freeze practically means we end up in the same situation
(little time before the next freeze).

So let's try to kick that FAS3 out of the door once and for all :)

Piere