fedorahosted.org migration - Trac to Github Wiki tool available

Hey folks,

We're working on getting fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki moved over to Github, because that's where our code lives. One of the requirements we have, is to move our existing large-ish Trac wiki, and all 8 years of its history, over to github, and transform it from Trac markup to Markdown markup.

While there are a couple of attempts at this out on the web, they're generally only concerned with most-recent-version, and have a variety of limitations. So I pulled together some python to automate as much of the process as I could manage in a few days.

Since I expect there are other Trac wikis out there that are in the same boat, I figured y'all might want to take a look at the tool I threw together:

  https://github.com/ggainey/tracwiki2githubwiki

You can see its output in my clone of the spacewalk project:

  https://github.com/ggainey/spacewalk/wiki/WikiStart

(Note: That content will disappear and reappear occasionally, as I blow it away and regenerate it while testing)

I am certain this code needs...help (among other things, programming in Python, Java, PL/SQL, and Perl on a daily basis means my coding-style kinda sucks, and is def. not very Python-y) However, it does a reasonably good job, and I hope it'll be useful to some of the other folk still managing their migration Elsewhere.

If/when/as you find problems with the tool, feel free to open an Issue on github.

Thanks, and enjoy,

(PS - If you want to hear me babble about it in a quick demo for my team, this link should be public:

  https://bluejeans.com/s/BFO9@/

Requires Flash, alas
)
--
Grant Gainey
Principal Software Engineer, Red Hat Satellite