Re: Looking for a mentor

On Mon, 2016-11-07 at 20:08 +0530, Mayank Jha wrote:
> Hey, folks. Me too would be able to help out in case someone needs
> python help. Feel free to reach me!

Hiya Mayank, Ankit, and Subham,

Fedora doesn't have an official mentorship programme at the moment
(unless you apply for the Google Summer of Code or another such
programme).

In FOSS in general, you learn mostly by yourself while folks from the
community will guide you and give you helpful tips and pointers and so
on. It's extremely rare for any class room style teaching to occur
where people will sit down and teach you how to program/hack/whatever.

So, feel free to ask us questions and we'll help you out - but we
expect you to read the man pages, documentation, Google your queries
and so on. So, in short, more self study and homework on your part,
less teaching on ours ;)

We have the #fedora-join IRC channel and mailing list where you can
come speak to contributors if you're looking to get started.

- https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#fedora-join
- https://lists.fedoraproject.org/admin/lists/fedora-join@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

If you know that you're looking to get started with the infra team
already, please follow the onboarding process as documented here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/GettingStarted
--
Thanks,
Regards,