Re: Fedorahosted and Trac

On Thu, 08 Sep 2016 17:25:04 -0000
"Grant Gainey" <ggainey@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I would look at taking the pages and importing them into the github
> > as part of the project with the markup being markdown. I expect that
> > users will find it less confusing than having to jump back and forth
> > between sites to get items.
>
> I generally concur - but we've been dealing with that since we moved
> the code to GitHub in the first place, a couple years back.
>
> > However that is just an initial thought which needs feedback also.
>
> Yeah - I'm just looking for ideas at this point.

Another thought would be to convert them to a doc and use a pagure doc
repo. For example:

https://docs.pagure.org/pagure/usage/using_doc.html

So, anyone with commit there could update things and you can use sphinx
to make it look nice, and you can use PR's if you want to update
things.

But thats another site, and probibly similar to markdown on github.

Another possible option might be readthedocs: https://readthedocs.org/
Lots of projects use that and you can hook it into github pretty
easily.

kevin