Re: Freeze break request: Add diversity-bot to ircbot.py

On Fri, 02 Sep 2016 16:01:23 +0100
Clement Verna <clement@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2016-09-02 14:43, Ralph Bean wrote:

> >> I’d consider tidying up the file to just:
> >>
> >> config = dict(
> >>     irc=[
> >> {% for bot in chatbots %}
> >>         dict(
> >>             network=‘{{ bot.network|default(“chat.freenode.net”) }}',
> >>             port={{ bot.port|default(6667) }},
> >>             make_pretty={{ bot.pretty|default(True)|bool }},
> >>             make_terse={{ bot.terse|default(True)|bool }},
> >>
> >>             nickname=‘{{ bot.nickname[env] if env in bot.nickname
> >> else bot.nickname[‘default’] }}',
> >>
> >>             channel=‘{{ bot_channel }}',
> >>
> >>             filters=dict(
> >>                 topic=[ {{ filters.topic|join(‘,’) }} ],
> >>                 body=[ {{ filters.body|join(,) }} ],
> >>             ),
> >>         ),
> >> {% endfor %}
> >> ]
> >> )
> >>
> >> And then just have vars/main.yml define the bots.
> >>
> >> chatbots:
> >> - nickname:
> >>     default: fedmsg-apps
> >>     staging: fedmsg-apps-s
> >>   channel: fedora-apps
> >> etc
> >
> > +100 to the concept from Will here.
> >
> > Will, just by way of explanation, we're currently in an
> > infrastructure freeze for the Fedora release cycle, which means
> > that we want to minimize changes to the infra.  Justin sent this to
> > the list because (by policy) we require two +1s from members of the
> > sysadmin-main group before changes can be applied during freeze.
> >
> > We want any changes to be as simple as possible (so we can be sure
> > it won't explode the world) and easily revertable. Your suggestions
> > are great.. but let's wait until after the freeze is up to refactor
> > that stuff.  :)
> >
> Sorry if I bring confusion, but I though that the freeze was over. I
> believe Kevin sent an email about this earlier this week.

We are not in freeze. ;)

We left it on wed, the day after the alpha release went out.

That said, jflory is in the apprentice group, which doesn't have commit
rights, so it would need to be commited by someone and pushed out, so
it should still have been posted to the list. ;)

So, if someone wants to do the refactor now thats fine too.

kevin