Re: Proposal to mirror Docker images

> The last piece that is needed is a tool that can create the filesystem
> tree that we want to synchronize out to the mirrors. The mirrors only
> need to carry manifests and blobs, so the tool needs only to pull these
> documents out of the registry that Adam Miller has set up and write them
> to disk in a particular structure. For optimization, we could use
> hardlinks for blobs that are common across the various images (for
> example, the Fedora base blob will be the same in all images) to save
> rsync time and mirror disk space.
>
> Additionally, we will need a playbook to run this new tool in response
> to fedmsgs. We may be able to use Adam Miller's loopabull project to run
> such a playbook at the right times.

You can also look at the simples fedmsg-consumers we already have that are
running ansible playbook:
https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedmsg-genacls
https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedmsg-fasclient
https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedmsg-pkgdb-sync-git

Note that it will require a change in the sudoers file to allow the process to
call the playbook (and you cannot specify arguments to the command as that will
break the configuration to the sudoers file).

Pierre