Re: unable to login to ask.fedoraproject.org

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 10:52 PM, Morgan Read <mread@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello folk

Very sorry for the delay here.

> I'm trying to post to:
> https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/90082/fedora-24-doesnt-do-anything-when-closing-laptop-lid/

...snip...

> And, I click the 'signup' button
> (Why do I have to 'signup' and not 'signin' when the top of the page says 'please sign in'?)

This is because askbot did not previously know your Fedora account:
you had logged in with your Google account
before.

> And, I'm referred back to the same page with the announcement in RED:
> 'this email is already used by someone else, please choose another'
>
> Please can someone direct me out of this mindless loop so that I can post to the ask forum please

This was caused by your Google account having an account with this
email address.
I have now fixed this by attaching your Fedora account to the same
askbot account, so logging in with
either your Google or Fedora account should just work from now on.

Regards,
Patrick Uiterwijk