Re: mirrormanager in the qa network

On 13 July 2016 at 03:58, Dennis Gilmore <dennis@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have a chicken and egg problem, the tests require mirrormanager to point at
> the right content, and we do not want to sync the content unless we are sure
> it is okay for users and will work as expected.  So the thought I was was to
> setup in the qa network a mirrormanager instance that will be able to point
> the tests at the just built composes and content. it would like need its own
> dns view so that the expected urls work in the expected ways, but point the
> the QA test specific instances.

I don't think that would work easily.

1) There are systems on the QA network which aren't QA which would be
affected by this (the CentOS master mirror server and some others).

2) You will need to set up more than a split DNS. You will need to set
up a separate proxy and database and other items. If you going that
far, it might be be easier to stick these systems on a different
network

> I wanted to get a conversation started on what it would take to implement
>
> Dennis

Stephen J Smoogen.