Re: [ansible] Remove mirror01.prgmr.com, it's now the same as mirror.prgmr.com

On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 18:46:02 +0200
Adrian Reber <adrian@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> These diffs of the rsync ACLs are not very useful. For me it is almost
> impossible to see if and what has changed. It also seems we have to
> maintain the ACL in 4 or 5 different files. Can the rsync ACL not be
> handled in a more ansible way? I don't know much about ansible but
> wouldn't it be possible to maintain the ACL one time with something
> like this:
>
> - name rsync acl
>   template: some template with a loop statement over items
>   with_items:
>   - ip1
>   - ip2
>   - host1
>   - host2
>
> That would make the diffs readable any maybe we could maintain the
> rsync ACL in only one place. Before trying to implement it I wanted
> to see if there are some better ideas/ways to implement this
> 'correctly'.

Yeah, I am all for this change. We should be able to use ansible
variables and a template and make it much more readable.
Additionally we can then easily see who added a line when.

If someone wants to come up with a patch and test it out, please do and
we can look at it as a freeze break.

kevin