Re: zodbot documentation?

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 09:47:22 -0500
Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We have https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Zodbot, but it doesn't seem
> very complete around the meetbot plugin., and I can't find the source
> we're using for that. The docs say "#help" instead of "#halp" (which
> the bot itself tells you to use), for example. And, I think we
> changed it to that you need to provide a meeting name -- except we
> seem to do it as a parameter to #startmeeting, although the FESCo
> meeting template calls for also setting #meetingname. This is
> confusing to me — what are people _supposed_ to do?
>
> Oh, and there's #meetingtopic, which seems to be in no one's meeting
> SOP. Should it be???

So, the upstream for this is a supybot-meetbot plugin.
It's pretty dead. There have been several attempts to revive it, but
none worked.

I think we are probibly stuck forking it and maintaining it ourselves.

Right now we have a supybot-meetbot package in fedora/epel that we have
patches against for some bugfixes, etc. We should possibly just bite
the bullet and fork and clean things up some. There's also patches
floating around that do voting and tallying, etc.

The reason for the #help vs #halp was that the upstream folks wanted a
distinction between asking for help about the meeting commands and
asking in a meeting for help on some task or thing.

We made meeting name required in startmeeting because some people were
not setting it and we wanted to require it so meetings would be
organized better.

#meetingtopic is a higher level topic. All #topics after that would
fall under it. So, it's not really needed/user much. An example might
be a special meeting on a specific topic might use it and have sub
#topics for various parts of the discussion.

kevin