non free builders

Greetings.

So, we pride ourselves on having a 100% free and open infrastructure
software wise. However, we have had some exceptions (the autocloud vbox
test machine, etc).

For f24, the plan is to make workstation downloads at least prefer to
download a usb media creator, and then that downloads the images,
verifies them and writes them to usb in a sane/best manner.

Producing the Fedora/linux version of this is no problem, it's just a
package.

However, windows and osx are a different matter.

For windows, we could run a windows vm and attach it to koji (it
supports windows builders I think). This would of course mean that we
would need to run a windows builder vm. ;( Or we could have a isolated
hw instance that we only power on for windows builds.

For osx, I don't think you can virtualize it at all, and koji has no
support, so we would need to have an isolated osx instance available
for building the osx media creator. (possibly only running on demand).

We could of course just say: sorry, no non free oses in our
infrastructure, but I fear this will result in builds done ad-hock on
someones test machine that aren't reproducible or all the other things
we expect from products we release. ;(

Mostly this is just a heads up, but if anyone has ideas, feel free to
bring them up. ;)

kevin