Re: a new MirrorManager-related tool for stripping old metadata and pushing critical updates in a defined time

Hi,

> 3. The tool will go through all metalinks for f23-updates (all primary
> architectures), and drop each <mm0:alternate> section which has
> <mm0:timestamp> older than the provided date (let's say midnight UTC).

Please note that there are no metalink files: these files are generated on the fly from a cache
by the mirrorlist servers.
I have a patch for this that I'll submit upstream to add the feature itself, and will discuss
with releng how they want to fire this off.

> 4. As a result, end-user machines will only connect to repositories which
> already serve the blocker update (have that or newer repo tree).
>
> And now finally the important question - does infrastructure team thinks this
> is easily doable, or is there something not accounted for? Is here someone
> willing to create such a tool? In December, I talked to Adrian Reber and I
> got the impression he's a MirrorManager developer, so that's the only name I
> know of, but I don't want to bother anyone directly. Are there more of MM
> developers? Is anyone willing to help out with this?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Kamil

With kind regards,
Patrick Uiterwijk