Re: Badges for translations contribution

> Deployment of 3.8 is in progress now. Hopefully before Christmas.

Awesome!

> - zanata currently only sends events when translations for a document
>
> Agree. Let me follow up for this.
>
> - The message payload only indicates which document reached 100%.  We
>

> I think we should have separate event for documents translation reaching a
> milestone and contribution badges.

Sounds good!

> For contribution badges, perhaps we can send out webhook event after each
> translation being saved (not sure if the zanata2fedmsg bridge can handle
> the load),
> or queue it up in Zanata and send out every X minutes for that user. Will
> need you input on this.

I feel sure we can handle the load of receiving them as soon as they're available.  Still, it would make sense for zanata to queue them on the side and send them from a separate asynchronous process.  If the main zanata-server web process sends the webhook POSTs, an attacker could maybe create a receiving webapp that accepts part of the POST but then misbehaves and intentionally stalls (which could cause zanata-server to stall out?).  Sending asynchronously but rapidly sounds good here.