Re: fedrtc.org -> infrastructure?

On 30/10/15 18:48, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 19:47:06 +0200 Daniel Pocock
> <daniel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> reSIProcate 1.10.0 was finally released and the packages have
>> now arrived in EPEL7, that means everything needed for this is
>> now in EPEL or RHEL itself.
>>
>> I've been thinking about the domain and I really feel that users
>> will have to use their full fedoraproject.org addresses rather
>> than fedrtc.org addresses.  The reason for this is that people
>> will be able to "Dial" in reply to an email or use addresses that
>> they have already saved in their contact list.
>
> ok.
>
>> What is the best way to proceed from here?  Would anybody like to
>> have an IRC meeting to discuss it perhaps, or to have it on the
>> agenda at one of the weekly infrastructure meetings?  Is there
>> anybody from the infrastructure team who would like to login to
>> the lab server where it runs now to get a feel for what is
>> running there?
>
> I think it would be great to discuss at a weekly meeting.
>
> Are you able to make those?

I was traveling last week, for the next couple of weeks I should be
able to join, but not tomorrow.  I am on UTC+1 (Central Europe) so
attending earlier in the meeting is easier for me.

Would you like to make this an agenda item for 19 November?

We also went live with debian.org XMPP on Saturday, using Prosody.  So
far it has been successful so we could also look at how to replicate
that on fedoraproject.org.  Looks like Prosody is already in EPEL7:
https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/x86_64/repoview/prosody.html
I've CC'd Robert (the package maintainer) and Matthew (Prosody project
leader).

The TURN server (part of the existing fedrtc.org trial) can be shared
by XMPP users as well as serving SIP and WebRTC.

Regards,

Daniel