Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction James Anslow

Hello, World!

My name's James Anslow and I'm a developer from the United Kingdom. My
IRC handle is janslow. My skills are focused on the web; development
and maintenance of web systems both in terms of code and
infrastructure.

I have been working as a full time developer for some 5 years, almost
entirely focused on private commercial projects. I have always used
open source software; a mix of Fedora, CentOS, Debian and Ubuntu. I am
now looking to contribute back to the communities that I have benefited
from.

I have experience working with many of the tools used by the Fedora
infrastructure team. I recently implemented an Ansible environment for
my employer, where there was formerly no automation system in place.
Day to day I also work with apache, nginx, mysql, mongodb, varnish,
memcache, nagios, observium and a plethora of development tools and
misc. technologies.

I currently manage a relatively small fleet of servers. (~30) I am most
interested in learning more about managing infrastructure at scale. I
think that I can contribute to the Fedora project and hopefully broaden
my knowledge in a way that I would not otherwise be able to in my day
job.

In terms of tickets that I would like to look at, I would like to start
here:

* https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/4923

Because debugging APIs is a comfortable starting point to get my feet
wet given my experience and skills.

James