Re: Master and mirror crawling

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 04:56:41PM +0200, Adrian Reber wrote:
[...]
> So my main question is if we should insert a delay between umdl and the
> crawl of the mirrors? This would require a fedmsg emitted at the end of
> an umdl run and something on the crawler which waits some time before
> starting the crawls.

Thinking more about it, it actually does not make much sense to base the
mirror crawls on fedmsg. The mirrors are updated at (from our point of
view) random times. So with category based crawling we have the
possibility to increase the crawl frequency for Fedora Linux and Fedora
EPEL and decrease it for Fedora Archive. Which should hopefully give
MirrorManager a better view of the status of the mirrors.

		Adrian