Re: Jenkins migration to new cloud

Jenkins migration took longer than expected, but it is mostly complete.
The new instance is running at: http://jenkins.fedorainfracloud.org/,
but the old domain (jenkins.cloud.fedoraproject.org) is also usable.

I have removed old Jenkins config from ansible. The following cloud
instances are still running, but they can be terminated now:
- 209.132.184.153 (master, old cloud)
- 209.132.184.165 (el6 slave, old cloud)
- 209.132.184.137 (el7 slave, old cloud)
- 209.132.184.59 (f22 slave, new cloud)

Known significant differences from old Jenkins:

1) Any changes that were not it ansible are lost. I have seen several
things that were not in ansible, but I didn't make any attempts to
reverse-engineer them. Of course it is possible to re-add non-ansiblized
features that were lost during migration.

2) The following plugins were installed on old instance, but are not
installed on new Jenkins (I think they were not used by anything):
 - jenkins-bazaar-plugin
 - jenkins-chucknorris-plugin
 - jenkins-cvs-plugin
 - jenkins-instant-messaging-plugin
 - jenkins-ldap-plugin
 - jenkins-mercurial-plugin

Known problems:

1) Login does not work when visiting Jenkins from old domain name
(jenkins.cloud.fedoraproject.org). To login you need to use the new
domain name. This will be fixed by adding redirect to new domain.

2) Python code coverage generation is not working for some reason. It is
under investigation. This problem affects "blockerbugs" project.

3) Fedmsg sending and receiving is not working. I need help from
sysadmin-main member with generating fedmsg certificate, running proxies
playbook and possibly more things.

During migration I had to apply 2 workarounds:

1) yumrepos.yml installs and enables EPEL only on RHEL, but not on
CentOS.  Workaround: I installed epel-release and enabled epel repo
manually.  I believe this should be fixed properly by installing EPEL
also on CentOS hosts.

2) python-fedora depends on python-munge, which is not available in EPEL
6.  Workaround: I've manually installed python-munge from
dist-6E-epel-testing:
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2015-7687

--
Mikolaj Izdebski