Re: Freeze break request? Pagure update

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 04:07:46PM +0200, Mathieu Bridon wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-07-29 at 15:54 +0200, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 07:31:15AM -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> > > In doing something like this we would need to know what the impact
> > > is.
> > > What parts of production of an Alpha would be down during the
> > > upgrade?
> > > I think there things releng has in pagure but I don't know if those
> > > would make any release parts impossible if it was down for 2-3
> > > hours.
> >
> > That is also something I don't know, git access will remain available
> > (via ssh
> > always, via http most of the time (except when I restart apache)).
>
> Unrelated to this freeze request, but I'm curious: what happens if you
> restart apache right in the middle of someone pushing over http?

My first reaction was like: no clue, but in fact I have a 2 parts answer:
a/ we do not support push over http, only clone, pull and fetch
b/ apache on RHEL7 has this tendency to wait for all the connection to close
before actually doing the restart. This is really quite annoying sometime but
might save us this time.

Pierre