Re: Freeze break request? Pagure update

In doing something like this we would need to know what the impact is.
What parts of production of an Alpha would be down during the upgrade?
I think there things releng has in pagure but I don't know if those
would make any release parts impossible if it was down for 2-3 hours.

If there are no impacts on production then it isn't covered by a freeze.
If there are few impacts on production then a freeze break request can
be granted.
If there are many impacts on production then FBR probably won't be
granted unless not doing so makes things worse.

On 29 July 2015 at 05:06, Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I was planning on making a new release of pagure today, not realizing that we
> were entering freeze.
>
> I would like to hear more opinions about pushing this release, here is the
> current changelog:
> - Include the tags in the JSON representation of a project
> - Add the ability to open a pull-request from a git repo not hosted on pagure
> - Fix pagination when browsing the list of commits
> - Fix the fork button when viewing the Settings of a project
> - Adjust the example apache configuration file
> - Add a favicon with pagure's logo
> - Fix asynchronous commentting on pull-requests
> - Start working on some documentation on how to install pagure
> - Do no flash messages when a comment is submitted via javascript (ie: async)
> - Do not blink the tittle of the page if the page is already on focus
> - Retrieve ssh key from FAS and set it up in pagure if none is currently set-up
>
> The remote PR needs a small DB change, everything else is pretty much bug fixes
> or minor improvements.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Pierre