Jenkins migration to the new cloud

As briefly discussed today during the meeting, I would like to evaluate
the possibility to use our packaged Jenkins in Fedora infrastructure,
instead of upstream binaries. (Jenkins is available[1] in Fedora 21 and
later.)

To get started with development of new Jenkins machines I would need
someone to create 2 new cloud machines: master with Fedora 22 and with
any OS (RHEL 6 would be my choice), each machine with at least 1 CPU, 2
GB RAM, public IP and root access for me (FAS: mizdebsk).

>From that I will try to come with my proof-of-concept of "the new
Jenkins". If people like it then old data can be migrated and it can
become the new production instance. If not we can just scratch these
machines and keep using upstream binaries.

So if you don't mind I'd start working on this.
Should I open a ticket for creating the new cloud instances?

Some more technical notes:

1) It is possible to use third-party plugins with packaged Jenkins,
which means that missing plugins can be installed as binary blobs until
they are packaged in Fedora.

2) Jenkins RPMs must be installed only on master node. All slave nodes
can connect to master and download Jenkins code from there. Slaves still
need to have basic environment installed (such as Java, git, mock), but
not Jenkins itself. This means that only the master node must be Fedora
21+, slaves can be anything (RHEL 6/7, older Fedoras).

3) Michal Srb is currently looking into packaging Jenkins as software
collection for RHEL 6 and 7. Once (and if) done this could allow having
RHEL 7 master, with the disadvantage of using "unofficial" RPMs from
softwarecollections.org. This is just the beginning and we can evaluate
having non-Fedora master later, if needed.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Jenkins

--
Mikolaj Izdebski
Software Engineer, Red Hat