Re: Freeze break request - change haproxy check URL for MirrorManager

On Wed, 20 May 2015 14:20:47 +0200
Adrian Reber <adrian@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Can I get two +1 for this change?
>
>     Switch to another URL for mirrormanager haproxy check
>
>     The haproxy check URL for the MirrorManager web frontend was a URL
>     which resulted in a large DB query. Every proxy, every minute.
> This resulted in two much memory and CPU consumption. This switches
> the check to a small static file to reduce the load on mm-frontend01.

Well, the problem then is that we don't test that the db is working at
all and just that loading a static file works. ;(

So, haproxy could mark the service up when the db is down and the page
doesn't work.

kevin