Re: Freeze Break Request - reduce number of auto-disabled mirrors

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 03:43:55PM +0200, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 09:40:49AM -0400, Ralph Bean wrote:
> > On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 02:17:24PM +0200, Adrian Reber wrote:
> > > The new MM2 crawler disables mirrors which have failed to be
> > > successfully crawled for 4 consecutive crawls. This seems to be a good
> > > idea to reduce the total number of crawls by removing mirrors which are
> > > just too slow. Unfortunately the current default timeout of 2 hours is
> > > not enough. Especially for mirrors which mirror more than one category
> > > as the timeout is per host and not per category. The problem is also not
> > > network bound but it seems to be related to two crawlers updating the
> > > directories of all mirrors on the same database at the same time. To
> > > workaround this timeout problem I am now starting the crawler on the
> > > second crawler 3 hours later and I have also increased the timeout from
> > > 2 hours to 3 hours. Additionally a small fix is included to also crawl
> > > the last mirror in the database which was ignored until now.
> > > After this is applied I would also re-enable the auto-disabled hosts
> > > in the database.
> > >
> > > Can I get two +1 for these changes?
> >
> > This looks good and sane to me.  +1.
> >
> > If things go wrong, we can easily back out by just reverting the
> > commits.
>
> It looks sane to me as well, +1

Thanks. Changes are a now active on the crawlers and I have re-enabled 141
mirror which have been auto-disabled.

update host set user_active=true where crawl_failures > 3;
update host set crawl_failures=0 where crawl_failures > 3;

		Adrian