Re: retrace* machines managed by ansible

On 04/28/2015 07:23 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 16:07:46 +0200
> Richard Marko <rmarko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'm working on https://github.com/abrt/abrt-ansible for the purpose of
>> completely managing retrace* machines with ansible.
> ok. Cool.
>
> Would you be open to just merging this into our infrastructure ansible?

Yup but I would still like to maintain a current repository for
stand-alone deployments.

>> Is anyone willing to take a brief look at mentioned recipes and point
>> me in the right direction? In particular, what can/should be reused
>> from fedora infra ansible and what should be improved in current
>> recipes.
> I can try and do so at some point. It's kind of hard to review this
> sort of thing detached from real machines/setup. ;)

I think we only need two faf specific roles added to fedora infra -
storage & web that represents backend and frontend of the server. I will
move this to roles/faf/(storage|web) directory so it's clear that these
are specific for faf.

We can re-use httpd, memcached and db roles. Our db role is basically a
postgresql with pg-semver extension loaded.

I'll also try tagging recipes similar to what fedora infra uses.

I'm not sure about one thing which is the first time setup - I'm using
first_time_setup variable for this that will initialize postgres
database, creates tables required by faf and populates them with some
data. This probably isn't the right way to do it but it's only required
once so it's good enough for me now.

Cheers,
Richard