Re: Bugzilla components of retired packages

On 03/31/2015 09:03 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
Specfically this script:
http://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/cgit/ansible.git/tree/roles/pkgdb2/files/pkgdb-sync-bugzilla

The script uses the XMLRPC, which lacks the ability to toggle the 'is_open' flag AFAIK unless there has been customization done specifically in the Red Hat copy of 4.4.

So, we would need to enhance this script to handle the case of a
package being retired in all branches in a product. Note that if they
have any active branches we can't do this as at least the change I see
via the interface is per component.

Yes, but the component I had opened a bug for, bluez-libs, has been retired for over 10 versions of Fedora. ;)

Anyhow, if someone can see how to do this/provide patches sounds like a
great idea. If we have to wait for 5.0, that would be good to know too.

I think we'll have to wait for 5.0.