Re: [release] pkgdb2 1.21

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 04:24:39PM +0100, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> Dne 11.12.2014 v 13:44 Pierre-Yves Chibon napsal(a):
> > On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 05:33:16PM +0100, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> >> - Add flag to set/update the monitoring flag on packages. This flag tells
> >>   the-new-hotness whether the maintainers are interested in getting bugzilla
> >>   tickets about updates available on their package (updates being monitored
> >>   via anitya: release-monitoring.org)
>
> Hmmm, this is probably not self explanatory enough. Looking at Ruby [1],
> is it enabled or not? I am afraid to click on the kye or the off button
> :) And how is the relation to the wiki page [2]. Since all rubygem-
> packages were monitored automatically up to now, what is their state.

This is clearly not documented enough and I have probably been too quickly to
push this update to prod (I wanted it out to get the improved API out).

So looking at Ruby, it is currently off (I have to run the script to sync the
packages from the wiki to pkgdb2).

The idea is:
- Having the upstream project on anitya
- Having the upstream project mapped onto a Fedora package in anitya
- Having the monitoring flag `on` on pkgdb
- the-new-hotness will monitor for new releases announced by anitya
  - it will create a bugzilla ticket announcing the new release (so far we
    reproduce the behavior of cnucnu, the current upstream monitoring solution)
  - it will download the sources and the spec file
  - it will adjust the spec file to bump version and fix release
  - it will do a scratch build using the new sources and adjusted spec
  - it will report on the bugzilla ticket if the scratch build was successful or
    not.

As the-new-hotness isn't running yet, changing the flag will not have any effect
yet.
When we push the-new-hotness in production, we will retire cnucnu and adjust the
wiki page to provide more information on how these three systems work together.

I hope this answers your question and sorry for the confusion.

Cheers,
Pierre