Re: New OpenStack instance

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 13:32:55 +0200
Miroslav Suchý <msuchy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is mostly for Kevin and Stephen.
>
> Stephen provisioned fed-cloud09.cloud.fedoraproject.org to RHEL7.
>
> I installed there new OpenStack instance using [1].

...snip...

So, I finally found time to play around with this today. ;)

So, good news, the dash comes up and things are running.
The dashboard looks a good deal more full featured than before, which
is nice.

I was in fact even able to spin up an instance. :)

Sadly, I wasn't able to get it on the net... I clearly don't get how
it's expecting the network configuration there. ;(

I did see that you managed to migrate some of the data over from the
old instance? I saw I had an account, but had to reset the password to
get in.

So, IMHO, outstanding questions/issues:

* Need to figure out how to setup networking
(both internal nets and external ips).

* Need ssl. We could even get a valid cert for it if we need. We don't
  want to do anything with the service without https tho.

* I know there was work ongoing to allow openid login in keystone. if
  we could start doing that and not carry local accounts/configuration
  that would be super nice.

* We need to hook up storage. Should just be dependent on the
  networking setup, otherwise I think it's ready to go.

Once we get fed-cloud09 all squared away, we should do another clean
install and configure to make sure we have it right, then add in 10/11
as compute nodes.

Once thats up and running we should be able to migrate things to it
from the old cloud and reinstall/add compute nodes from it as we go.

I'd also like to try and do regular update/reboot cycles with the new
cloud. Things we have in ansible (like copr) we just redeploy after the
reboot. Things other folks have (test instances or whatever) just go
away until they are needed again

kevin