Re: Review for new rbac_playbook

On Sun, 08 Jun 2014 02:42:41 +0100
Michael Scherer <misc@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I do not see that in /etc/ssh/ssh_config on lockbox ( could be in
> ~/.ssh/config however ), nor anything in /etc/ansible/ansible.cfg
> ( could again be a local config somewhere else ). I didn't find
> anything making see a different ~/.ssh/config, nor ~/.ansible/* , so
> I think the default is used, which is 'ask'.

Yeah, although 'ask' means: If you don't know the host at all, ask. If
the host key doesn't match, reject.

> And after a quick crude test, if you have ssh listening on 2 ports,
> ssh will treat each as a different entry in known_hosts, and so ask
> again. ( or at least on my laptop, I didn't dig more given the hour,
> will try to search a bit more ).
>
> So while I am not affirmative at 100% ( again, could be different in
> the precise case of ansible in Fedora infra, could be one of the 360
> lines of my own ssh config, could be me being tired ), I would not
> exclude a possible issue with what I do see.

Sure. Keep in mind that while we like rbac-playbook to be nice and
secure, it's use is for people that are already trusted to have access
to lockbox, are in a group that has sudo for rbac-playbook, have
entered their password and 2fa token. It's simply a way to restrict
them to the machines that are in their group(s)...

kevin