Re: Review for new rbac_playbook

On Sat, Jun 07, 2014 at 04:26:45PM +0100, Michael Scherer wrote:

> Can i assume that I would be able to say "use this playbook, but instead
> of using the port 22, use port 1234" without changing the playbook ?
>
> In this case, I think this would mean that if I can create a ssh tunnel
> on the remote server ( listening to port 1234 to a server I control,
> with ssh -L 1234:servericontrol:22 ), then I can make the playbook
> played on a server I control, which in turn mean that I would
> potentially get access to files with password that I may not have access
> too.

As long as SSH host keys are properly verified, port forwarding should
not matter, since the machine is identified by their SSH host key and
not their IP address/port. The host key checking was enabled in Fedora
Infrastructure a while ago. I hope it still is. If the attacker was
administrative access a host, then it could also be changed to forward
connections to port 22 to another host. So even without being able to
specify the port, this might be exploited.

Regards
Till