Re: Sync github projects on fedorahosted

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 04:35:43PM +0100, Maciej Lasyk wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 08:19:22AM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > On Thu, 20 Feb 2014 12:33:39 +0100
> > Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > For about a year now we have a bunch of project on github. With it,
> > > we benefit from its UI and easy access for new contributors.
> > > But github is proprietary so not so in line with our spirit.
> > > Although git is decentralized I think we should keep a clone of our
> > > projects on fedorahosted, just for the shake of saying, our infra
> > > does not depend on github and if github goes down tomorrow, one can
> > > still access the sources.
> > >
> > > With that I mind, I created the ticket #4212 [1], the idea is to run
> > > a cron job that would clone/pull all the projects under the
> > > fedora-infra group of github.

[...]

> When it's about mirroring git(hub) repos than I think that it's good to
> consider gitorious as the solution. It's FOSS and just do the job. Even
> bi-directionally. I think that might be interesting for you guys :)
>
> https://gitorious.org
>
> And a working solution from Gluster guys:
>
> http://www.gluster.org/2013/08/mirroring-into-gitorious/

If I understand this correctly, they are just using the --mirror option of git
clone and run a cron job to keep things in sync.
So that's close to what we want but I don't think gitorious adds us anything
that we can't already do

Interesting reading though, gives ideas :)

Pierre