Re: Is copr ready for primetime?

On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 14:06:06 +0100
Miroslav Suchý <msuchy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > For me to think of it as production ready I'd like:
> >
> > * nagios monitoring
>
> This weekend I learned more about fedmsg from Ralph, so I want to
> create alerts based on fedmsg (probably today or tomorrow)

Excellent. ;)

> > * Our cloud more updated/stable.
>
> Not sure about this. Yes, sometimes we run out of space in Cloud and
> it cause problems. Not sure what to do with this. Beside requesting
> money for more HW for next fiscal year, what I already done.

Yeah, we put in for more too. ;)

Really, I'd like to get our second cloudlet installed and working with
a newer openstack version, move everything over to it, and be updated.
I'm going to try and work on this some this week.

Then, moving forward, I would like to be more proactive with things
like updating/rebooting things (monthly? quarterly?).

> If you want to migrate it to apps.fp.o then I'm more then happy. But
> there are some problems to resolve.
>
> 1) You can migrate copr-fe.cloud.fedoraproject.org (that is that
> user-facing copr.fedoraproject.org). You can try to set it up in
> apps.stg.fp.o. This one should be quite easy as it is just python
> (wsgi) application with postgresql db. We will see how it will work
> and I can then migrate data.
>
> 2) But we have copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org. This one spin up VM
> from Fedora Cloud. I'm not sure if you can do that outside of Fedora
> Cloud. And it have attached storage with all builded rpms. It
> currently have 800 GB with 60 GB consumed. For those reason I have
> *no* idea how to migrate copr-be to apps.fp.o.

Right, do to that we would need to move storage or rewrite the backend
or whatever. I don't see that as a good plan. ;)

If someday, copr gets merged into koji, we could look at moving it and
using our koji to build things instead of cloud instances. I don't know
how far away that is, or even if it's going to be fully possible
tho. ;)

> But from Copr POV it can be completly fine to have copr-fe in apps
> and copr-be in cloud.

Yeah, I don't know that there is much advantage, since it still would
have the cloud dependency.

kevin