Re: state of the askbot

On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 12:13:23 +1100
Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, 2014-01-18 at 14:23 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > Also however, I don't currently know how to only enable some
> > languages.
> > We should ask upstream about how to do that.
>
> I figured this out after grepping through the code a little.
>
> One can provide a dict of languages to use n settings.py. For
> instance, adding this to my openshift instance now only shows these
> two languages in the drop down:
>
> > LANGUAGES = {
> >     'en': 'English',
> >     'el': 'Greek'
> > }

Great. I have set stg to use:

LANGUAGES = {
     'zh-tw': 'Chinese',
     'en': 'English',
     'fr': 'French',
     'el': 'Greek',
     'es': 'Spanish',
}

Please let me know if this list needs adjusting. I'd prefer to limit
things up front and then only add new ones when we are sure we have
moderators for them.

> I didn't have any questions in another language so I'm not sure
> what'll happen if you removed a language that has some questions
> already posted in it from the list. We'll have to be quite careful
> with what languages we choose to enable.

Looks like they just are no longer reachable. I added the above list
and looked for my esperanto question and it was gone. ;)

kevin