Re: January status update for Fedora Infrastructure Apprentices

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 06, 2014 at 12:45:50PM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> Additionally, this month, I am CC'ing the infrastructure list. If you
> would like to send your feedback there as well everyone can see and
> comment on it.

Including the infrastructure list seems to be a regular item and not
something special to this month.

> 0. Whats your fedora account system login?

till

> 1. Have you logged in and used your fi-apprentice membership to look at
> our machines/setup in the last month? Do you plan to?

yes.

> 2. Has it helped you decide any area you wish to focus on or contribute
> to more?

No, I was just looking around a little.

> 3. Have you looked at or been able to work on any of the fi-apprentice
> 'easyfix' tickets?
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/report/14

No, but I already have enough Fedora projects to work on.

> 4. Do you still wish to be a member of the group? If not (for whatever
> reason) could you provide any hints to help others down the road?

yes.

> 5. Is there any help or communication or ideas you have that would help
> you do any of the above?

It was not completely clear to which systems I should have access and
what can be found where.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure_Apprentice mentions a lot
of systems (backups*, db*, fas*, sign*, rel*, ns* and compose*) no
access is granted to, but not so much information about what to find
where.

> 6. What do you find to be the hardest part of getting involved?
> Finding things to work on? Getting attention from others to help you?
> Finding tickets in your interest area?

I guess for infrastructure it is being able to easily test things I
would like to change.

> 7. Have you been able to make any weekly irc meetings? Do you find them
> helpful or interesting?

I usually read the minutes and attended one meeting. Meetings are
helpful to get things discussed faster.

> 8. What are you most looking forward to in the world of computing for
> 2014?

I hope that the Internet will use more encryption.

Regards
Till