Re: ansible variable fix commit

On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 12:12:54 +0100
Michael Scherer <misc@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Le mercredi 01 janvier 2014 à 19:22 -0700, Kevin Fenzi a écrit :
> > After pushing this I went ahead and did some more cleanup:
> >
> > 1. I went through and ran 'ansible-playbook --syntax-check' on all
> > the host and group playbooks and fixed all the depreciation
> > warnings that were left and also cleaned up any errors that
> > prevented it from finishing.
>
> So maybe that's the right time to add a git commit hook that check
> this and block commit if that's not the case ?

Yeah, that would be nice. ;)

--syntax-check only works on playbooks, so the hook would have to look
for /playbooks/ and then only pass the yml files into ansible-playbook
--syntax-check.

It's also a pretty simple check at this point, but at least it would
catch depreciated syntax being re-added.

kevin