About cnucnu web

Dear all,

As you may know, over the last few weeks I have been working on a small project
called (for the moment) cnucnu web.
You can already see it in place at: http://209.132.184.188/cnucnu/

The idea is to provide a web-interface to the release monitoring script that is
being run for the moment via the wiki: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upstream_release_monitoring

So this web-application replaces the wiki page, allows mapping of projects into
linux distributions and anyone with an OpenID account can contribute to it.
On the back, there is a cron job that runs, check for new version of the project
with the information provided and send a message on fedmsg for every new version
found.

The idea is to host the project on the Fedora infrastructure but, I would prefer
not have it under the fedoraproject.org name as I see it as a broader project than
just for Fedora: Debian, Ubuntu, Arch, Slack, Suse, we all can benefit from this.

I also would like to have it broadcast messages on the debian version of fedmsg
(I'm already in contact with Olsad for this).

So, what I would like to ask is:
* what do you think of the project? Worth pursuing or not?
* Where should it live?
* Domain name suggestions? (release-monitoring.org, cnucnu.org, cnucnuweb.org,
<insert here you own idea>?)

So if we agree to get it up and running, I foresee few steps:
* Check with legal if there are any limitations (ie: can we put non-FOSS projects
in there?)
* Get the domain name
* Update the UI: we already have a design but I think it could be made nicer
(especially the front page) -- Any volunteers?
* Deploy it and see w/ Debian how to have it send messages onto their bus
* Set the DNS to point to the website

I will start the first step now already.

Thoughts?

Pierre