Git-python patch for working with GPG signed commits

Hi,

A few months ago, we noticed that the current git-python version did not
work with GPG signed commits[1]. Upstream's[2] been dead for almost 8
months now. There is however a pull request that adds support for GPG
signed commits[3].

Since upstream is dead, and the pull request will not be accepted until
someone steps up to revive the project, should I file a bug and request
the Fedora maintainer to carry the patch? Would that be preferred over
infra carrying a hotfix?

I think it'll be good to request package maintainers to GPG sign their
commits[4].

[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/git-python/Ralph
$20Bean/git-python/hFfA9gXkz6s/b9VrRDaypkMJ
[2] https://github.com/gitpython-developers/GitPython
[3] https://github.com/gitpython-developers/GitPython/pulls
[4] http://mikegerwitz.com/papers/git-horror-story.html
--