Re: Cron <root@proxy05> /usr/local/bin/lock-wrapper fasClient "/bin/sleep $(($RANDOM % 100)); /usr/bin/fasClient -i | /usr/local/bin/nag-once fassync 1d 2>&1"

On Sat, 2 Nov 2013 16:28:25 -0700
Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 11:03:47AM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> >
> > Yes, these are all at 4am UTC, when the daily cron job runs.
> >
> > Its fas01/02/03's httpd's restarting after logrotate, and breaking
> > any in progress fasClient connections.
> >
> > At least I am pretty sure this is the case.
> >
> ah... so if they did the equivalent of reload instead of restart, we
> should stop getting these?

Yeah, but the reason if I recall right that the RHEL6 httpd logrotate
doesn't do this is that if you reload/graceful, there may well be
running children writing to the logs after it. So, you can't move the
log as it still might have processes writing to it, so they do a
HUP/restart to make sure logs are not being used before rotate.

I guess we could try switching it and see if we see any issues... if we
compress logs they could get corrupted, but if we don't they might be
ok.

kevin