mailman3 / hyperkitty planning

Greetings

I thought I would send out my thoughts on mailman3/hyperkitty roll out
based on our discussions at flock.

- We now have a mailman01.stg instance. It's setup to use yum-cron and
  apply security updates every night (we should confirm it's working as
  we want it to tho)

- We need mailman3 / hyperkitty rpms added to infra repo.

- We need to get mailman3/hyperkitty roles added to this instance.

- Next we need to test importing things. I can get copies of the
  existing lists Mailboxes to import with.

- Lots of testing. :) Writing SOPS/docs for list admins, creating new
  lists, etc.

- Once testing looks good, we can move to production. Due to needing a
  database backend I was thinking we would just leave it in phx2 (and
  make 2 of them). smtp-mm hosts can easily be used for incoming
  emails and bastion for outgoing.

- We already have a few folks eager to move their lists over and help
  once we get to production. We can move this list (infrastructure)
  and cloud is very interested too.

- Once those initial lists look ok, we can schedule a flag day and
  move all the rest of the lists.

- Down the road, once RHEL7 is out we can migrate over to that.

Some questions:

- Are we going to need to keep the old archives online for people
  searching history/google? Or is there any way to redirect them?

- Should we do a seperate db for this in production? It's unclear to me
  how much in the way of resources the db side will take.

- Currently lists are at osu and don't go via proxies, but if we have
  it at phx2 we could just use the proxies and get caching, etc as
  well. Or is there a reason not to?

Any other things we should look at for the roll out?

kevin