Re: Cron the fedora-owner-change?

On Thu, 2013-05-16 at 10:48 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Thu, 16 May 2013 09:04:54 +0200
> Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Yesterday I announced an idea that I've had of using datagrepper to
> > announce package ownership changes [1].
> > The feedback seem positive, so I change the script [2] to send the
> > email directly, so basically we can run it via a cron job easily.
> >
> > Do we want to have this script as a cron job in the infrastructure?
> > All it needs to run is argparse and requests.
> > The following question is how often should the cron run, this is
> > opened for discussion.
>
> We could.
>
> I floated the idea a while back of having some kind of 'oddjobs' type
> server to run things like this on, and/or some kind of app that lets
> users run a datagrepper query from cron and mail the results.
>
> For now, I guess we could just put this on bapp02? But that would take
> a freeze break.
>
> Or we could put it on datagrepper01?

Either places are fine for me, whatever is the easiest to do and
maintain in the future.
We could also consider having it on datagrepper01 (which iirc is off
freeze) and move it to bapp02 after freeze, that would give us a little
more flexibility in case we face unexpected bugs in deploying the cron.

Pierre