Re: Fedora 19 Alpha Freeze in effect.

On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 15:00:35 -0400
seth vidal <skvidal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well - simplest thing, imo, would be to add a host_vars for each host
> which is not frozen.
>
> something like:
> inventory/host_vars/hostname
>
> ---
> frozen: false
>

> and then in
> inventory/group_vars/all
> ---
> frozen: true

Or perhaps that should be:

freezes:

Then we can have whatever script check if we are actually in a freeze
(we could set some value for that too)

Just conceptually it reads nicer to me, since those hosts won't always
be frozen or not, only during a freeze. If that makes sense.

> I believe the variable precedence lets host vars trump global vars.

> easy to test and we should be able to easily do an inventory query to
> dump the frozen/unfrozen hosts?
>
> Want me to do a simple test of it?

Sure.

We still need to decide what if anything paste stg and dev are not to
freeze, but we can add that as we decide.

kevin