Re: OT: Mailman anti-spam syntax

Frank Murphy wrote:
Apologies for noise, havn't got an answer to this anywhere else.

Trying to prevent spam coming into the fm trac ml. created from add ticket in the fm trac.

If in the mailman admin > privacy -spam-filter as 1st rule I put:- if ^Subject:.* != ^Subject:.*\Wstuff\W

action > discard

Will it discard all Subjects that don't contain "stuff" Which is what I want.

Currently have in place:
^Subject:.*\Wstuff\W (action > accept) which still lets the odd spanner through.

Or would this all have to be done in a backend file somewhere. Trying to learn Python on the wing.

I don't believe that you can use python code in the spam-filter entry, just a regular expression. There might be a way to express what you want as a single regex, but it might not be pretty.

I think you could have a second spam filter entry that matched any subject and discarded. But I haven't tested that to see if the first match stops processing of further filters.

The mailman-users is almost surely a better place to get help on something like this.

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of
another, and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him."
     --Thomas Jefferson to Francis Gilmer, 1816