Re: i have cloud

On 2012-10-08 14:17, Seth Vidal wrote:
On Mon, 8 Oct 2012, Garrett Holmstrom wrote:
On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 8:08 AM, Seth Vidal <skvidal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Any ideas how well things will fare if I apply the updates to a live
cloud
and kick the daemons? It's one piece I'm still a bit fuzzy on - how well
euca surives daemon restart for software upgrades.

Today?  Poorly.  They currently recommend updating the whole cloud at
once.  On the bright side, I'm hearing enough noise about that that I
expect it to change relatively soon.

Well I more meant: If I upgrade to 3.1.2 via rpms and then restart the
daemons on all systems - am I likely to lose everything I have running
or is it just likely to go sideways for a bit?

IIRC, nasty things happen if you upgrade to 3.1.2 while instances are running. Other than that, I'm not aware of anything, but then again I'm not on Eucalyptus's server team.