Re: Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Matthew Whittle

On Tue, 9 Oct 2012 21:59:24 -0600
Matt Whittle <mattdwhittle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Here is a little about me.
>
> My name is Matthew Whittle and I currently work as a senior
> application developer at VSP (Vision Service Plan) - it is eye
> insurance.  I have a lovely wife and no kids (yet!).  We live in
> Sacramento California in the US and I heard about this project
> through someone at JBoss at the JavaOne conference in San Francisco.
> At my current work I develop backend services for our membership
> using Java and Websphere and for fun I develop games for the iPhone
> (I have about 8 out now).  I have been using Fedora at home for about
> 5 years now.

Welcome!

> I joined this group because I have a desire to build a 3D operating
> system.  By tomorrow.  Just kidding.  Yes I know that is a huge task
> but I thought I could start small by making a 3D desktop
> background...  or maybe I should start even smaller.  But at least
> you know my short and long term goals.

Well, if you are looking at background making, you want the design
team:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_Design_Team

More in general:
http://fedoraproject.org/join-fedora

And if you are looking for system admin/application development for
applications that build and distribute Fedora, i can provide you more
info here.

kevin