Re: i have cloud

On Thu, 27 Sep 2012, Matthew Miller wrote:

I launched a F17 instance in our Eucalyptus system.

It works. (Awesome!)

I have not done anything to try and break it. Let me know if I should. :)

break away, if you'd like.

Here's what I've been doing to break the clouds.

1. running ftbfs on euca with 8 (now 5 :() instances
- this succeeded in exercising libvirt enough to break it on one NC - I have assurances from euca folks that this is being addressed in 3.1.2 due out 'soon'?

2. runnning ftbfs on openstack with 8 instances
- this succeeded in showing up really bad disk slowness on openstack. Compiling packages was less than half the speed as on euca for the same pile of pkgs. I let it run for 3 days and it had done less than half the pkgs that euca had compiled in the same time.

3. running tiobench and bonnie++ on the ephemeral and volume-backed space on openstack to find out what's going on and if it is gluster-backing the os or _something else_ going on

-sv