Re: Elections rewrite in Flask (was: Web application frameworks and the future)

On 5 July 2012 14:53, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Jul 2012 04:49:15 -0500
> Ian Weller <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> ...snip...
>
>> Comments requested -- especially regarding things you would change
>> about our current elections app.
>
> The suggestions you note above are all good.
>
> I think having options instead of range voting would be nice.

I would like to work on this part with Ian. I think a "first through
the post", and a "we took the debian vote system and put it in here"
would be a good one to add.

> We may want to restrict creating elections to cla* + 1 people... to
> avoid spamming users.
>
> It might be nice to allow the admin of an election to mail voter groups
> reminders/notices. That could be misused tho for elections with very
> large groups. Perhaps only official elections on the front page?
>
> See also:
> https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/372
> for some additional thoughts.
>
> kevin

Stephen J Smoogen.
recommend pleasant. You may quote me."  —James Stewart as Elwood P. Dowd