Re: Freeze break request: add branched f17 to boot.fedoraproject.org

Hi,

yum install git make gcc perl syslinux genisoimage
git clone git://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git ipxe.git
cd ipxe.git/src
make EMBEDDED_IMAGE=bfo.gpxe bin/ipxe.iso
make EMBEDDED_IMAGE=bfo.gpxe bin/ipxe.usb
make EMBEDDED_IMAGE=bfo.gpxe bin/ipxe.dsk
make EMBEDDED_IMAGE=bfo.gpxe bin/ipxe.lkrn

I tried this and got:

make: *** No rule to make target `bin/ipxe.iso'.  Stop.

basically it doesn't seem they understand a EMBEDDED_IMAGE option.

well, forgive me asking, but are you sure you were in the right
directory when you tried to build?-)

I hope so. I was in my ipxe.git/src/ dir.

FOO=bar defines a variable FOO for the build and the error you got
was about the missing definition of the actual target, bin/ipxe.iso.

Right. What I get is:

...bunch of compile...

Ok, now you're running make in the correct directory, however ...

   [BUILD] bin/segment.o
make: *** No rule to make target `bfo.gpxe', needed by
`bin/embedded.o'.  Stop.

... this means that the embedded script was not found.

As mentioned the script contents and path need to be adjusted for what's appropriate for bfo. The reason I didn't say anything explicitly is that there seems to be conflicting information in the files README vs FEDORA-INFRA in fedora-infrastructure.git.

After a bit of investigation it seems that README corresponds to current situation while FEDORA-INFRA does not.

Perhaps we could continue to discussion about these details off-list or on IRC as needed?

Thanks,

--
Marko Myllynen