Re: moving fedorapeople.org

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 15:43:06 -0500
seth vidal <skvidal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>  Discussion today over a few issues with fedorapeople.org and what we
>  need to do with it.

...snip...

> Kevin suggested possibly replicating this people## over to the old
> location using rsync so, in the event of unplanned calamity, we could
> continue to offer the service.
>

> Concerns? thoughts?

I've been pondering on this a while, and I think the above move to
ibiblio03 could work fine.

Backups on backup02 currently run from 04:00UTC to between 5:30 and
6UTC. That should not be a time when backups of people02 run (those are
usually after 22UTC, and hopefully would be done before 4UTC.

I don't know how slow sync between ibiblio03 and people02 is, but if
it's not too bad we could keep the current instance synced up. If it is
too bad, we could just retire people02 in favor of the new one.

kevin