Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Fraser Gutteridge

Greetings to the Fedora Infrastructure team,

Just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for maintaining such a nice distro of Linux for so long. We've been using Fedora as the standard distro on many of our desktop machines at the University of Delaware since approximately mid-2005 (Fedora Core 4!).

I'm interested in becoming involved with the development/maintenance of the Fedora Project. I've been working with Linux and Unix-like environments for approximately twelve years, mostly Fedora, CentOS, RedHat Enterprise and Solaris. Although I have a lot of knowledge in terms of system and network administration, I've always wanted to learn more about the Linux kernel and how device drivers etc. are written.

I currently work on a thirteen-man team for the University of Delaware, assisting them in maintaining a large number of Unix and Linux servers as well as a large switch and router infrastructure. My primary task of late has been managing a VMware cluster consisting of twelve physical nodes and approximately seventy virtual machines. I am well-versed in the following programming and scripting languages: C, C++, Perl, Python, Java, Lisp, PHP and some experience with x86 assembly. I have a good understanding of the following software: Apache httpd, Apache Tomcat, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle PL/SQL, OpenLDAP, OpenSSL, Shibboleth IdP and SP. My operating system experience ranges from various distros of Linux to Solaris, VMware ESX, Macintosh OS X and most flavors of Windows.

I would be interested in working on any GUI requirements you may have (I have used GTK+ 2 and 3 for many years), as well as assisting with any networking, security or system administration tasks that are pending. If I can learn some of the ins and outs of the Linux kernel while doing this, so much the better. :)

If anybody has any questions, I can be found on IRC as 'udelblue'. I look forward to contributing if you need the help.

Thanks!
Fraser